Friday, January 22, 2010

Blog Family

As many of you know, the opportunity to go to and participate in the Olympics has been a life long dream for me. The fact that I am able to share this experience with all of you makes it even better. I have heard from people that I lost track of years ago and former students who are scattered far and wide. I thought I would give you some insight into the kind of group that we are. There are followers from 2 to who knows what. Some are in Australia, New Zealand, Holland, Thailand, United States and at least 4 provinces and territories in Canada.There are 3 classrooms of children who are also following. I think that is so great. Most of you I know personally and others I have not met, but we have a mutual connection. What a wonderful world we live in! Thank you to those of you who have written with words of encouragement and suggestions.
For those of you who would like to follow a good Canadian perspective of the Olympics, the best sight I have found is www.ctvolympics.ca. Right now if you go there you can see a video of the new olympic song written and performed by Canadians. It is quite a\ stirring song. It will be performed in our 2 official languages during the Opening Ceremonies.
For those of you who have been trying to leave a comment after each post, rest assured that you (Susie and others) are not the problem. I have a new laptop and this mouse pad is driving me crazy. Somehow I clicked on something that has added a security block to the comment section and the "link" section. I am trying to get it fixed and hopefully we will be fully operational soon.
Back to my packing!

1 comment: