Sunday, January 24, 2010

Medals on Display




I am so proud to be a Canadian! I saw the Olympic medals in Ottawa today at the mint and they are beautiful! The Olympic medals are round and the paralympic medals are square with rounded corners. There are 615 olympic medals and 399 para ones. It took 402 days to produce them through 30 steps, and a clear protective coating has been added to them so they don't tarnish. We were given the opportunity to have our pictures taken with the medals so we took advantage of that. Remember if you want more information about them, go to www.mint.ca, click on learn, vancouver2010, medals.
You should be able to post comments now but it will tell you it is posted pending approval, but it will be approved. Fixing the errors is still a work in progress!
I'll keep working on it.

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures Mom! You should mention that the two adorable girls with you are your granddaughters, Madeleine (9) and Ella (5). Thanks for bringing us along, it was amazing to be able to see them with you.

    love,
    lisa
    PS. Great job on the titles! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Sharon! I am sure the medals are much more stunning in person - wish I had gone to see them too. Sounds like everyone had a great time at the mint on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan. 27. G'morning, Sharon. Yesterday the torch went through Vernon, and to absorb some Olympic spirit, I walked 4 blocks from our house to watch the event. I was unsure of time and route, as I had received confusing emails from torch bearers, and wasn't carrying a map from the local Vernon Morning Star. However, at the Rec Centre I spotted a white torch bearer uniform and a "Cowichan" (not authentic) sweater, ran to catch up and was told it would be 2 hours. I hung around the Rec Centre, took photos of a crowd of white uniforms--cute kids, proud parents--then walked home. So...I didn't cheer or wave a flag, but it was a beautiful sunny, warm day. s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Susie. I am glad the spirit and enthusiasm is spreading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandma,
    I am so happy that you finaly inderstand me by saying"I want you to put my picture on your blog...PLEASE!!!" and you finaly no what I mean.
    Thank you
    alexandre
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete