Saturday, January 30, 2010

Flag Bearer


Clara Hughes will be carrying the flag for the Canadian team in the Opening Ceremonies. What a wonderful choice! Not only is she one of our most decorated Olympians(5 medals) but she is also a terrific human being. For those of you who don't know, Clara was so moved by Johann Kos' organization "Right to Play" in 2006 that she donated all the money she was given that year from government grants to the organization. I am particularly excited because she is a speed skater and I am hoping to be working with her at sometime during my time out there.
I wanted to thank all those people who have left comments on the blog. Remember all you need to do is click on the word "comments" at the bottom of each entry. A box pops up and you can write in that box. Please make sure that you also click on the little box at the bottom and then click on "name". It will also ask you for a "url", just leave that blank. This way I will know who has sent me a message. If you don't do this it comes up as "anonymous" and I have to read between the lines and try to figure out who it might be. Thanks.
I think I also just figured out a way to let my followers know when I have posted a new post. If you would like to be a follower and don't know how, email me and I will try to help you.
Seven days to go before I board the plane! The countdown is on!

2 comments:

  1. Sharon, I found your blog without difficulty and am so excited to follow along with you on your adventure out west. So far the blog is quite inspiring and making me feel very patriotic.
    Cheers
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard, Janet. You know me well enough that you can see how excited I am to be taking this adventure. I look forward to hearing from people when I am far from home and this is a great way to connect.
    Warm regards,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete