Monday, February 1, 2010

Birthday Cake


Just in case there is anyone left on this planet who isn't aware that I am an Olympics nut, here is a picture of the birthday cake I made for my 2 oldest grandchildren for their birthday yesterday. The room was decorated in streamers of the 5 colours of the rings and there were small flags from various countries on the table. They are studying the Olympics at school so it was a perfect theme for all of us. For those of you who do not know, the 5 rings stand for the five continents of the world and the 5 colours represent all the colours in the flags of every participating country. The final stretch is on for packing so I will get back to it.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon: I know that you will be leaving soon so I just wanted to wish you the best and I know that you will have a ball. Your excitement is evident. Very few of us get to realize a life long dream so enjoy every moment. I will be following your blog and watching the Olympics on TV. Bye for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donna. I feel very fortunate to be able to realize a dream. I plan to make the most of it. Keep in touch and I hope you enjoy the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, I am itching to tell the R&T of one more very enthusiastic Olympic volunteer who comes from the area. Surely, one of your team could pass along the tip to the SPORTS editor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie,
    I will tell Ron Smith about getting in touch with you, via email or through the blog. The more the merrier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madeleine said...

    Grandma,
    I would like to tell you that yes you are nuts for the Olympics and I am so happy that your dream is finally realized.

    love: Madeleine

    ReplyDelete