Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lots of Walking


Today I went to Canada Hockey Place and took this picture of the fellow at the entrance. I couldn't get in because they don't open until Friday, but it was fun to see from the outside. The front door is shaped like a huge red maple leaf. This is next door to BC Place. I couldn't get near there either because they were having the dress rehearsal for the Opening Ceremonies and everything is a secret, although there are some leaks about it on ctvolympics.ca. I also picked up my ticket that I ordered online for a medal ceremony on one of my days off. That took awhile because I went to Robson Square where I had bought my last ticket and they told me there was a 2 hour wait, so I walked over to the foot of Burrard St. where the convention centre is and the wait was only 50 mins. So that combined with the walk to BC Place meant about 18000 steps in total today. My heart surgeon would be proud!!

The other picture is of a condo building on Granville Island.I think that is the bggest flag I have ever seen!

I have moved to my nephew's apartment and we are becoming good buddies!!

2 comments:

  1. Sharon,

    I am so excited for you, I bet you can hardly wait for the games to begin. I will be following your blog, best of luck to you and enjoy your wonderful Olympic experience.

    Best Regards,

    Heather Cuming-Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather! Welcome aboard. The numbers of people in our little blog community are growing exponentially! Enjow!

    ReplyDelete