Thursday, January 7, 2010

Plans

Welcome to my blog. I have never done this berfore so bear with me and we will learn this together.
I said I probably would not do this ahead of time, but I thought I would blog how my plans are going for my own sanity if nothing else. I received my official confirmation from Speed Skating Canada and was told I would be working in food preparation. Apparently they put on events on a daily basis for the skaters and their families and serve things such as wine and cheese, bbq kabobs and chicken wings etc. Sounds like fun! I don't care what I am doing. I will do anything (well almost anything!!!) just as long as I can be there.
I found out the UBC Boathouse is nowhere near UBC. It is where the UBC Rowing team practise and hold regattas and it is in Richmond--which makes sense because that is where the Speed Skating Oval is. It just means I am going to have at least a 1 hour ride each way on public transit from where I am staying. That's okay! If you want to see the building you can go to ubcboathouse.com. It is kind of a neat building.
That is all the news for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment