Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pins

I was in Ottawa today and I just happened to park my car outside Zeller's. When I went into the mall I was surprised to see that they had just gotten a shipment of Olympics "stuff". I bought myself a set of small mascots that are on the end of key chains, so I can attach them to my back pack when I go. If anyone is looking for "the red mittens" they had a couple of hundred pairs at Bayshore. I don't know if they got them in the Zeller's store near you. I also picked up a very nice pin at Petro Canada. I had to buy a glass and 2 bottles of coke to get it, but I wanted to have some pins to trade and they are very hard to find. If anyone has some suggestions on where I met get some I would appreciate you letting me know about it.
I read a great article on Olympic volunteers in the February issue of Canadian Living. It seems we all have the same passion for the Olympics and wold do just about any job for the privilege of being there. They have secured 25,000 volunteers to date and still need more. This does not include the countless people who are opening their homes to put up many of the volunteers (like the generous people who have offered me accomodation.)
Signing off for now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. DeVries!! (Sorry - old habits die hard... can't really call one of the Brownie Moms by her first name, now can we?!?)

    You mentioned pins in your post - now, this was a LONGGGG time ago... but when I went to a conference in highschool (Key Club conference in 1988!!) - we went to City Hall in Brockville and asked for pins to trade... and they gave us a bunch!! I know you are a "Mallorytowner" and may not really want Brockville "stuff"... just a thought!

    Take care and I look forward to reading your blog! (and thanks, Lisa, for posting the link on facebook!)

    Darlene Suddard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion, Darlene. I have been able to get some pins and now I will go out there fully loaded.

    ReplyDelete