Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Schedule

Good news! My work schedule has arrived and I have now confirmed that I will be very busy for the 2 weeks of the Olympics, which is exactly how I wanted it. I will be working 6 days a week and most of my shifts are from 1:30-10:30 or until we are finished. I am on duty most days at the end of the day so we stay until things are cleaned up. My only concern is I hope the buses are still running on a regular basis at that time of the night. That is something I will investigate after I get there. My training is on the 10th and 11th and my first shift is on the 12th.
I wanted to let you know that this Saturday and Sunday the Mint is having an open house to show off the Olympic medals, before they head off to Vancouver. In case you didn`t know these medals are record setting. For one thing every athlete will get a medal that is different from any other and that is a first in Olympic history and secondly they are wavy to represent the mountains and the ocean that are so representative of Vancouver. Agan this is the first time the medals have not been flat. If you want to read more about it and take the virtual tour of them in the making, go to www.mint.ca. Click on `learn`, click on `Vancouver2010` and over on the left you will see the word medals. Click on that. I am sorry this is so wordy but I can`t find a website address that will take you right there.

5 comments:

  1. Great news mom! Wow, they will be keeping you busy ... make sure you pace yourself, you're not used to working 6 days a week anymore!! Maybe we'll check out the Mint this weekend with the kids ... very cool. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. D. I'm following your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sharon.

    What an exciting opportunity and I am so happy to be able to enjoy reading about it on your blog! Enjoy every moment.

    Hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon,

    Looking forward to following your exciting adventure at the Olympics....I have given the link to my friend Gail in Australia and Kathryn who is in Florida...and of course Sue will be following your adventures as well.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, you are doing a great job of getting me in the Olympic spirit. The flame comes through Vernon on Tuesday and I plan to walk downtown to see it, get more of the spirit. Thanks for setting up a blog for all of us to read

    ReplyDelete