Monday, January 18, 2010

Accommodation

I was hoping to be able to tell you about my schedule by now, but I still haven't heard from Speed Skating Canada yet. I was supposed to hear by the end of last week, but nothing so far.
I found some pins at Petro Canada last week so I picked some up. They are quite attractive, even though they have the Coca Cola logo on them. I also ordered some online, so I will have several to take with me.
The weather in Vancouver is very warm right now, but the 14 day forecast says it is going to cool off. They have had rain for 12 of the last 14 days, but things are supposed to improve. No wonder my nephew wants to leave gloomy weather behind and go somewhere for the 2 weeks of the Olympics, while the University is shut down. For those of you who don't know, he has kindly offered his apartment to me for the duration of the Olympics, and I am so grateful. His uncle and his wife are going to put up with me for the week before the Olympics while I am trying to orient myself to the city and get my training done.
Hopefully I can tell you about my schedule in the next day or so. Until then I will continue to work on my packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment